This year the Tourist Association of Fažana organizes free courses of the Small fishing academy “Pilchard” every Wednesday at Fažana’s waterfront.
We invite you to sign up for courses, learn old fishing skills, receive a diploma and become a member of the Small fishing academy “Pilchard”.
Fažana’s waterfront – Every Wednesday
1/7 -31/7 1/8 -31/8
20,30 – 22,30 20,00 – 22,00
– School of salting pilchard
– Learning about bait and fishing
– How to make sailor’s knots – How to make fishing gear in a traditional way – how the long-line was once made
– Threading a netting needle
– Weaving and repairing a fishing net
– Rowing a traditional Fažana boat “batana”
Upon registration, you receive a membership card of the Small fi shing academy “Pilchard” and a stamp aft er mastering each skill.
After you have collected all the stamps, a diploma of the Small fishing academy “Pilchard” awaits you at the Tourist Association of Fažana!
Our fishermen are there to help you master these skills, as well as the animator who hosts the program in foreign languages.
REGISTRATION: every day
Tourist Association of Fažana
8,00 – 20,00
tel.: +385 (0)52 383 727