At the very site where freshwater flows into the shallow Valbandon Bay, between 1909 and 1912, A. Gnirs discovered remains of two residential type complexes of classical architecture. By means of two dikes the shallow and muddy bay was turned into two almost completely enclosed fishponds where seawater mixed with freshwater.
Excavations at the northern part of the coast yielded areas open towards the sea with floor mosaics composed in the multi-colored technique. On the southern part of the coast stood structures with two courtyards with porticos, and two water cisterns.
The villa complex is divided into two groups of structures. One is located on the northern side of the coast, and the other follows along the peninsula of the southern coast on the east side. Regardless of the distance, these two structures formed an integral complex, connected by a 60-meter-long pier.